Staccato Music is located in Lakewood, Colorado
Please email Chris Renaud-Cogswell at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also call or text: (303)489-6505
Staccato Music operating hours: 12:00 – 7:00 pm Monday – Thursday
Please log in to view the Studio Calendar for current openings.
TUITION AND FEES
2022 - 2023 Tuition:
30-minute lesson: 40 lessons per year; $35.00 per lesson.
45-minute lesson: 40 lessons per year; $52.50 per lesson.
60-minute lesson: 40 lessons per year; $70.00 per lesson.
Tuition is paid by the lesson or ahead for the month. Payment is due on the first scheduled lesson of each month.
Accepted forms of payment: Checks, Cash, Stripe, Zelle
Please expect yearly rate increases.
Method books and sheet music prices vary and are in addition to tuition.
Recital fee: $20.00
Bounced check fee: $50.00, plus any damages incurred.
Replacement value of any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
* Students are assigned a weekly lesson time and attend 40 lessons per year.
* The studio is open 44 weeks throughout the studio year, therefore, students are allowed FOUR absences which require no make-up lessons.
* Once four absences have been reached, students will be billed for unattended lessons. Unattended lessons may be made up.
* The studio will be closed on the following holidays: New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Eve, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. In addition, the studio will be closed periodically for vacations around Christmas, Spring Break, and during the summer.
* The studio is open and lessons will be held during summer months and all other school breaks and holidays not specifically noted.
* Changing lesson times either temporarily or permanently can occur only if there is an open slot for students to move into.
PROMPTNESS: Please be on time for lessons. If students are early for a lesson, please respect other students' time and privacy and wait outside until the scheduled time. If students are late for a lesson, the lesson will still end at the scheduled time. Please be prompt in picking students up after the lesson, again respecting the privacy and time of following students.
ILLNESS: Please stay home if students are ill. Lessons may always be rescheduled. Please see
SPECIAL NEEDS: Please inform Chris of any special needs the student may have; including but not limited to learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, gifted/talented, autism, allergies, medical conditions, and fears.
HAND / ARM INJURIES: Please continue to attend lessons if the student sustains a hand or arm injury. We will work on the many one-handed pieces Chris has written and arranged, especially for this situation. We will also focus on other skills such as note reading, rhythm, and songwriting.
RECITALS: Students are encouraged but not required to participate in recitals. A Recital fee of $20.00 is collected for all participating students.
PIANO AND STUDIO EQUIPMENT: Students will play Chris's Yamaha C3 Grand Piano and/or Yamaha Clavinova during lessons. Only fingers are allowed to play the keys. (No pencils, drumsticks, toys, etc.) Hands must be clean. No food or drink is allowed on or near the piano.
PARKING: Please park “head in” (not parallel) along directly in front of my house allowing enough room for two cars to park side-by-side. Please do not park in front of my neighbors' houses or in front of the mailbox. Please be cautious of children in the cul-de-sac.
SHOES: Please remove shoes before entering the studio.
INSTRUMENT AND MATERIALS
* Students must have a piano and piano bench: Please keep your piano tuned and in working order. Children will find it difficult to practice on a piano that has sticky, broken keys or is drastically out of tune. A digital piano with 88 touch-sensitive, weighted keys, sustain pedal, sturdy music rack, and a bench is also a great option. Piano lessons cannot begin until your child has an instrument at home to practice on.
* Chris uses the Piano Adventures curriculum for beginning and early intermediate students through level 3B. Once a student has completed level 3B, we will begin adding individual composers and music compilations of repertoire to the student's music library. Chris will purchase the student's books and add the amount to the student's monthly invoice. If students have a special interest in a particular artist or genre of music, please let Chris know so we can add this to students' repertoire! All books are required for every lesson even if no new material is assigned.
* Assignments are recorded on the Staccato Music website and can be accessed at any time.
* Metronome: Every musician needs a metronome for home practice. You can purchase one online, at a music store, or download a metronome app. (Make sure students have access to it when they practice.)
* Staff Paper: Staff paper should have wide lines (6 - 8 staves per page.) You may also customize and print your own at: http://www.blanksheetmusic.net